We love the Korsteel Rubber Jointed Tom Thumb Pelham Bit because the thicker mouthpiece is softer on the corners and the bars of the mouth and pressure created by the reins are spread over a larger surface area.
- The Pelham bit combines the function of a snaffle and the action of a curb bit.
- The top rein provides snaffle pressure to the tongue and corners of the mouth, while the bottom rein increases leverage and curb chain pressure.
- The hard rubber mouthpiece offers a warmer and softer option to stainless steel.
- The Tom Thumb cheeks are shorter than on a traditional pelham making this a better Bit for a less experienced rider due to the reduced curb action available.
- The single joint applies a nutcracker action which applies pressure to the tongue, the bars of the mouth, and the horse's palate.
Due to the contagious nature of the equine disease EHV 1 and per biosecurity measure guidelines suggested by the American Association of Equine Practitioners, The Farm House will no longer accept returns on bits and bit accessories.