Finally, a convenient way to provide cold or heat and compression therapy, all in one boot. No machines, cables, or wires are required. Help keep injuries at bay and provide much-needed support to the hard-working horse or those with any stiffness, soreness, or swelling.
The Technical Stuff:
- GelPak core adheres to the outer shell of the boot, retains intense heat or cold, and stays pliable even out of the freezer to conform to the leg
- Outer shell features air compression pockets powered by a hand pump to ensure even temperature distribution. Air compression is optional and fully adjustable
- Durable hook and loop closures provide a secure fit and allow for easy on and off
- One size
- Sold As: Pair
- Bone injuries
- Bowed tendons
- Muscle bruises/tension
- Suspensory injuries
- Wind puffs
Cold Therapy Application Procedure
1. Place GelPaks in the freezer for six hours before initial use. After use return to freezer immediately.
2. Lay GelPak flat and evenly disperse gel before placing in the corresponding (right or left) boot.
3. Place uncompressed boot against the leg. Secure with Velcro® attachments. a. (Optional)
4. Attach pump, turn the valve to ‘On’ position, and pump to the desired level of compression. (8-12 pumps supplies approximately 35mm HG pressure.)
5. Once the desired compression is reached, turn the valve to the ‘Off’ position and detach the tube.
6. To end therapy, turn the valve to the ‘On” position to deflate the boot before removing it from the leg.