The EquiFit GelCompression Therapy Line reduces inflammation, controls swelling, and decreases the risk of injury. GelPaks adhere to an outer shell that provides air compression via hand pump and retains intense cold/heat while conforming and remaining pliable out of the freezer. Eliminate the bulk of machines and cables associated with traditional cold therapy applications. The EquiFit GelCompression Therapy Line consists of TendonBoot™, HockBoot™, KneeBoot™, and BackPack™.
- Reduces inflammation, controls swelling, decreases injury risk
- Ideal for rehabilitation and post-exercise treatment
- GelPaks conform to the body with optional and adjustable air compression
- Use on multiple horses with removable, quick freezing or heating GelPaks
- Available in sets for Tendon, Hock, Knee, or Back
- Bone injuries
- Muscle bruises/tension
Cold Therapy Application Procedure
1. Place GelPaks in the freezer for six hours before initial use.
2. Position GelPaks on the leg and wrap with an elasticated bandage.
3. Once completed, remove the elasticated bandage and return GelPaks to the freezer.
Hot Therapy Application Procedure
1. Place GelPak in the heating unit and cover it completely with water.
2. Increase water temperature to 71°C/160°F and maintain temperature for 20 minutes.
3. Repeat steps 1-3 from Cold Therapy Instructions.
* If you have questions or concerns, consult with your veterinarian.
* Studies indicate that cold therapy application of more than 25 minutes may have detrimental effects and is not advised.
* Care must be taken whenever cold or hot therapy is applied to a limb. Cold or hot therapy used incorrectly or applied for too long can potentially damage the skin and underlying tissue.
* EquiFit, inc. is not responsible for misinterpretation or misuse.